Heartland Acquires Beanstalk Data
PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE:HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors, today announced it has acquired privately held Beanstalk Data, a leading provider of customer engagement platforms for restaurants in the United States. The acquisition allows Heartland to help restaurants seamlessly integrate their customer relationship management (CRM) systems and marketing and engagement programs with the Heartland point of sale (POS) and e-commerce solutions.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Beanstalk Data has created Beanstalk Engage™, a marketing cloud and big data CRM system combined with a real-time marketing engine for business-to-consumer (B2C) companies, which enables them to have longer and more personal relationships with their customers. Beanstalk Data is a popular technology provider for quick service restaurants (QSR) and fast casual dining providers including Taco Bell, Pollo Tropical, Carl’s Jr., Islands Restaurant, Jack In The Box, Panda Express, Qdoba Mexican Grill and Taco Cabana.
- Designed specifically for B2C companies with a special emphasis on restaurants, the Beanstalk Data CRM Marketing Master allows brands to aggregate all of their customer data into a single location and enjoy the benefits of full marketing automation.
- With this acquisition of Beanstalk Data, Heartland advances its strategy of growing its commerce segment. Previously, Heartland acquired Digital Dining in October 2015, pcAmerica and Dinerware in February 2015 and XPIENT Solutions and LiquorPOS in 2014. The company will continue seeking attractive acquisitions to support its strategy.
- Beanstalk Data, together with Heartland’s existing POS businesses and other Heartland solutions, comprise Heartland Commerce. This segment delivers leading-edge, secure POS solutions, payments processing capabilities and other adjacent business service applications, initially serving the hospitality and retail industries.
- Heartland has more than 100,000 customer locations using its Heartland Commerce software and marketing automation programs.
- With more than 135,000 restaurant merchant relationships, Heartland has approximately 19 percent share of the entire restaurant market, including close to 26 percent share of table service restaurants, according to CHD Expert.
- From payroll to gift cards and loyalty to card processing to POS solutions, Heartland has rapidly expanded its restaurant vertical business, supported by the endorsements of 44 state restaurant associations, 20 state and hotel lodging associations, the Council of State Restaurants Associations and the National Restaurant Association.
- Gilbert Bailey will serve as head of Heartland Beanstalk Engage Cloud Services and report to Christopher Sebes, executive vice president for Heartland Commerce.
- Terms were not disclosed for this transaction.
Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
“Beanstalk Data reinforces Heartland’s capabilities to provide our customers with one of the industry’s broadest set of commerce solutions. Beanstalk Data also allows Heartland to offer cloud-based services and a suite of marketing and engagement programs. All are a perfect complement to our industry-leading products including Heartland Secure™, Heartland Secure Out-of-Scope solution and our comprehensive breach warranty.”
Gilbert Bailey, vice president, Beanstalk Engage, Heartland Commerce
“Our team engineered a solution that addressed one of the largest problems perplexing modern business-to-consumer marketers: how to ingest, store and act on vast amounts of engagement and commerce data generated by their consumers in real-time. We expect to accelerate the pace of marketing innovation, allowing our employees and platform to create value for an even wider audience of business-to-consumer organizations including the introduction of enterprise data driven marketing tools to small merchants.”
- Read about Beanstalk Data.
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about Heartland Commerce.
- RSS Feed for Heartland news releases.
- Read about CHD Expert.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
payment processing, payments, commerce, engagement, customer relationship management system, CRM, marketing, cloud services, point of sale, POS, Heartland Secure, security, out-of-scope, breach warranty, payroll, e-commerce, restaurants, Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland, Heartland Commerce, Beanstalk Data, Beanstalk Engage, Digital Dining, pcAmerica, Dinerware, XPIENT Solutions, LiquorPOS, Robert O. Carr, Christopher Sebes, Gilbert Bailey
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.
For more information, journalists, bloggers and industry analysts contact:
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc.
Kevin Petschow, +1.312.205.1607
For more information, financial analysts and investors contact:
Joe Hassett, +1.610.228.2110